Every Athlete Deserves a Qualified Coach!
The Ontario Curling Association works closely with:
Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport
Sports Alliance Ontario
Coaches Association of Canada
Coaches Association of Ontario
and many other associations to bring Ontario curlers the very best coaches.
To register for any of the coaching courses or symposiums that we offer please go to the “Courses” section of our website. Be aware of the coaching requirements for teams playing in certain events and prepare in advance.
Other items of information or resources available to assist coaches please refer to the “Coaching Aids” section.
For information about the various forms of funding available to coaches and their teams please refer to the “Funding & Grants” section.
We encourage all coaches to know and follow:
Curling’s Coaching Code of Ethics
- The Coach shall act with integrity in performing all duties owed to the athletes, the sport, other members of the Coaching profession and the public.
- The Coach shall strive to be well prepared and current in order that all duties in his/her discipline are fulfilled with competence.
- The Coach shall act in the best interest of the athlete’s development as a whole person.
- The Coach shall accept the role of officials in providing judgment to ensure that competitions are conducted fairly and in accordance with the established rules.
- The Coach’s conduct toward other Coaches shall be characterized by courtesy, good faith and respect.
- The Coach shall maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and support the principles of fair play.