What has to happen before a zone draw is posted and what factors are considered when doing draws?
- Once the number of teams is known (usually Monday afternoon after Sunday deadline), that info is passed along to the zone rep
- Zone rep reviews and considers how much ice will be required for the play down(s) which may include both genders. . . occasionally multiple events are played together
- Zone rep consults with host club rep about a possible schedule that allows for the best usage of ice for the event. . .in some cases, zone play downs are held with regularly scheduled leagues or rentals also taking place simultaneously
- In many cases, clubs certainly like to maintain their Friday evening league(s) as they are large revenue generators
- Once the schedule has been agreed upon by the zone rep and host club rep, it is sent to OCA office, reviewed and posted on the website
Please keep in mind that the start of this process to the website posting could as little as a day or perhaps more than a week depending on availability of zone reps and host club reps
- We strive to post as soon as we have in hand but also remember that the zone and host club reps are volunteers!
- During the course of a season we post 384 zone draws, each one requiring individual attention.
Thanks for your patience!